- Country:United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
- Site number:973
- Area:3,578 ha
- Designation date:02-02-1999
- Coordinates:50°50'N 00°20'E
Pevensey Levels. 02/02/99; England; 3,578 ha; 50°50'N 000°21'E. National Nature Reserve. The site is one of the largest and least fragmented lowland wet grassland systems in southeast England, including a small area of shingle and intertidal muds and sands. The low-lying grazing meadows are intersected by a complex system of ditches which support rare and scarce aquatic plants and invertebrates (freshwater molluscs and dragonflies Odonata spp) as well as breeding and wintering wildfowl. The area is used for nature conservation, pastoral agriculture, tourism, fishing, and hunting. Ramsar site no. 973. Most recent RIS information: 1999.
- National legal designation:
- Last publication date:02-02-1999