- Numéro du site:615
- Superficie:40 ha
- Date d’inscription:10-06-1993
- Coordonnées:35°41'N 140°00'E
Yatsu-higata. 10/06/93; Chiba, Honshu; 40 ha; 35°41'N 140°00'E. Wildlife Protection Area; Shorebird Network Site. This mudflat, submerged at high tide and connected to Tokyo Bay, is in relatively pristine condition. Important for visiting migratory birds: 10% of the plovers and sandpipers migrating through Japan are counted in this area. The site is used for conservation education, birdwatching, research, and light recreation. A nature observation centre is located on-site. Surrounding areas are residential or industrial. Ramsar site no. 615. Most recent RIS information: 1993.
- Inscription légale nationale:
- national wildlife protection area
- Date de dernière publication:10-06-1993