Horsens Fjord and Endelave
- Site number:152
- Area:42,737 ha
- Designation date:02-09-1977
- Coordinates:55°49'N 10°15'E
Materials presented on this website, particularly maps and territorial information, are as-is and as-available based on available data and do not imply the expression of any opinion whatsoever on the part of the Secretariat of the Ramsar Convention concerning the legal status of any country, territory, city or area, or of its authorities, or concerning the delimitation of its frontiers or boundaries.
Horsens Fjord and Endelave. 02/09/77; Region Midtjylland; 42,737 ha; 55°51'N 010°10'E. Natura 2000 (SPA, SAC), Nature Conservation Area, Wildlife Reserve. A shallow fjord, adjacent sea area with reefs, sand banks, saltmarshes, islets and lagoons including partly cultivated islands with scattered habitation. The site is the most important area in the vicinity for the seal Phoca vitulina, and it is internationally important for breeding, moulting, wintering and staging various species of waterbirds. Human activities include fish-farming, camping and rabbit hunting. An invasive plant (Spartina alterniflora) is colonizing the island of Endelave. Changes in the land use are triggering vegetation succession in the marshes, negatively affecting birds nesting and feeding activities. There is a field laboratory for monitoring and research. Ramsar site no. 152. Most recent RIS information: 2012.
- National legal designation:
- Special Area of Conservation (SAC) - Horsens Fjord and Endelave
- Special Protection Area for Birds (SPA) - Horsens Fjord and Endelave
- nature conservation area - Øvre on Endelave and at Horsnæs-Gyllingnæs
- wildlife reserve - Vorsø
- Regional (international) legal designations:
- EU Natura 2000
- Last publication date:01-01-2012