- Site number:2387
- Area:5,394.3 ha
- Designation date:04-04-2019
- Coordinates:48°23'N 27°53'E
Materials presented on this website, particularly maps and territorial information, are as-is and as-available based on available data and do not imply the expression of any opinion whatsoever on the part of the Secretariat of the Ramsar Convention concerning the legal status of any country, territory, city or area, or of its authorities, or concerning the delimitation of its frontiers or boundaries.
Situated on the border with Moldova, Liadova-Murafa consists of a section of the Dnister River with its tributaries and forested areas along the river valley. The Site features very distinctive steep banks, which were created by sedimentation up to 420 million years ago. It is an important breeding site for 106 bird species; and 146 migrating species stop in the Site to feed and moult. It is especially important for mallard (Anas platyrhynchos), common goldeneye (Bucephala clangula), mute swan (Cygnus olor) and tufted duck (Aythya fuligula). It also holds over 30 species of fish, over 40 of mammals, ten of amphibians, and six of reptiles. The wetland supplies water to adjacent towns, benefitting over 40,000 people. Human activities in the Site include recreation, forest management, livestock grazing and sport fishing. As of 2019, a restoration plan is being prepared for the Site to improve the water’s quality and the River’s hydrological regime.
Mohyliv-Podilskyi and Yampil districts of Vinnytsia region
- National legal designation:
- Local botanical reserve - Local botanical reserve “Bronnystka gora”
- Local botanical reserve - Local botanical reserve “Grygorivska gora”
- Local botanical reserve - Local botanical reserve “Kryshtofivska gora”
- Regional Landscape Park - Regional Landscape Park «Dniester»
- State botanical reserve - State botanical reserve “Bronnytsky"
- Regional (international) legal designations:
- Other international designation
- Last publication date:23-08-2019