- Country:Iran (Islamic Republic of)
- Site number:43
- Area:1,200 ha
- Designation date:23-06-1975
- Coordinates:36°57'N 45°30'E
Lake Kobi. 23/06/75; Azarbayjan-e Gharbi; 1,200 ha; 36°57'N 045°30'E. A freshwater lake with associated areas of seasonally flooded marshland, lying in a closed, high altitude basin and fed by rainfall and runoff. Supports abundant aquatic vegetation, including reedbeds and grassland. The lake is important for breeding, staging and wintering waterbirds; and supports several nesting species. The wetland is surrounded by rolling steppe hills, with scattered human settlements and cultivation. Ramsar site no. 43. Most recent RIS information: 1997.
- National legal designation:
- Last publication date:01-01-1997