Laguna de los Pozuelos
- Site number:555
- Area:16,224 ha
- Designation date:04-05-1992
- Coordinates:22°19'S 65°58'W
Materials presented on this website, particularly maps and territorial information, are as-is and as-available based on available data and do not imply the expression of any opinion whatsoever on the part of the Secretariat of the Ramsar Convention concerning the legal status of any country, territory, city or area, or of its authorities, or concerning the delimitation of its frontiers or boundaries.
Laguna de los Pozuelos. 04/05/92; Jujuy; 16,224 ha; 22°20'S 066°00'W. Biosphere Reserve; Natural Monument. A permanent lagoon of fluctuating salinity, surrounded by scrubby, semi-arid steppe, extensive marsh and rich grassland. One of the most important sites for waterbirds and Nearctic-breeding shorebirds in the Northern Andean region. Up to 26,000 flamingos use the site and one species nests here. Local people graze livestock. Ramsar site no. 555. Most recent RIS information: 1996.
- Global international designation:
- UNESCO Biosphere Reserve
- Other global designation
- National legal designation:
- Monumento Natural - Laguna de los Pozuelos
- Regional (international) legal designations:
- Other international designation
- Last publication date:01-01-1996