Laguna y arenal de Valdoviño
- Site number:599
- Area:485 ha
- Designation date:10-09-1993
- Coordinates:43°36'N 08°10'W
Materials presented on this website, particularly maps and territorial information, are as-is and as-available based on available data and do not imply the expression of any opinion whatsoever on the part of the Secretariat of the Ramsar Convention concerning the legal status of any country, territory, city or area, or of its authorities, or concerning the delimitation of its frontiers or boundaries.
Laguna y Arenal de Valdoviño. 26/03/93; Galicia; 485 ha; 43°36'N 008°10'W. Wildlife Refuge. An artificially regulated coastal lagoon fringed by reedbeds and separated from the sea by a dune barrier and beach complex. Vegetation includes dune communities, fringing reedbeds, and an important riparian Salix sp. and Alnus glutinosa wood. Human activities include tourism, fishing, rush cutting, and cultivation. The area is important for staging birds, mainly ducks and shorebirds. Ramsar site no. 599. Most recent RIS information: 2007.
- National legal designation:
- Humedal Protegido
- Zona de Especial Protección de los Valores Naturales
- Regional (international) legal designations:
- EU Natura 2000
- Last publication date:01-01-2007
Ramsar Information Sheet (RIS)
Additional reports and documents
- A description of the site in a national or regional wetland inventory