- Site number:613
- Area:2,504 ha
- Designation date:10-06-1993
- Coordinates:43°05'N 145°05'E
Kiritappu-shitsugen. 10/06/93; Hokkaido; 2,504 ha; 43°05'N 145°05'E. National Wildlife Protection Area; Natural Park; Natural Monument; Crane Network Site. A Sphagnum peatbog formed on ancient dunes with a tidal river bisecting the site. Marshes connected to the sea are brackish lakes under tidal influence. The site supports several species of noteworthy plants, 13 species of birds and various mammals. Human activities include clam fishing, forestry and research. The area is a tourist destination. Ramsar site no. 613. Most recent RIS information: 1993.
- National legal designation:
- special protection area in national wildlife protection area
- Last publication date:10-06-1993