- Site number:623
- Area:1,124,000 ha
- Designation date:04-10-1993
- Coordinates:02°18'S 66°02'W
Mamirauá. 04/10/93; Amazonas; 1,124,000 ha; 02°18'S 066°02'W. Biological Station. "Varzea" forest with several lakes seasonally connected by natural drainage canals. The area has a high degree of endemism. Human activities include forestry, rotating agriculture, controlled commercial fishing, and collection of aquarium fish. Ramsar site no. 623. Most recent RIS information: 1998.
- National legal designation:
- sustainable development reserve
- Last publication date:01-01-1998