- Country:United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
- Site number:780
- Area:50 ha
- Designation date:27-11-1995
- Coordinates:55°45'N 03°24'W
Materials presented on this website, particularly maps and territorial information, are as-is and as-available based on available data and do not imply the expression of any opinion whatsoever on the part of the Secretariat of the Ramsar Convention concerning the legal status of any country, territory, city or area, or of its authorities, or concerning the delimitation of its frontiers or boundaries.
Westwater. 27/11/95; Scotland; 50 ha; 55°45'N 003°24'W. Special Protection Area EC Directive, SSSI. An artificial reservoir providing part of the region's water supply. The site supports internationally important numbers of wintering Pink-footed Geese Anser brachyrhynchus, among various other wintering waterbirds. Human activities include recreation, fishing, and hunting. Ramsar site no. 780. Most recent RIS information: 2007.
- National legal designation:
- Regional (international) legal designations:
- EU Natura 2000
- Last publication date:01-01-2007