Puhtu-Laelatu-Nehatu Wetland Complex
- Site number:911
- Area:4,640 ha
- Designation date:05-06-1997
- Coordinates:58°34'N 23°33'E
Materials presented on this website, particularly maps and territorial information, are as-is and as-available based on available data and do not imply the expression of any opinion whatsoever on the part of the Secretariat of the Ramsar Convention concerning the legal status of any country, territory, city or area, or of its authorities, or concerning the delimitation of its frontiers or boundaries.
Puhto-Laelatu-Nehatu Wetland Complex. 17/06/97; Läänemaa County; 4,640 ha; 58°34'N 023°33'E. Nature Reserve, Botanical-Zoological Reserve, IBA. A wetland consisting of a chain of lagoons, and a mire with shallow lakes and bogs, bordered by species-rich alvar, wooded meadow, and forest communities. The coastal area is a stopover for internationally important numbers of migrating waterfowl and provides roosting areas for geese and common crane. Human activities include scientific research, fishing, sheep and cattle grazing, agriculture, forestry, and limited tourism. Nutrient-enrichment is problematic. Ramsar site no. 911. Most recent RIS information: 1997.
- National legal designation:
- Botanical-Zoological Reserve - Nehatu Botanical-Zoological Reserve
- Botanical-Zoological Reserve - Virtsu-Laelatu-Puhtu Botanical-Zoological Reserve
- Nature Reserve - Puhtulaid Nature Reserve
- Last publication date:05-06-1997
Ramsar Information Sheet (RIS)
Additional reports and documents
- Other published literature